September 13, 2015

This week's favourite flowers



These were the favourite jugful of flowers I picked from the garden this week - pink Japanese anemones and the very last of the lavender. So simple but smelled sweet and looked airy and elegant. Pick the anemones just as they are unfurling and they last most of the week. Some people find Japanese anemones a little invasive in borders, but I am so glad I have planted a range of pink and white ones in my garden, they aren't overtaking the flowerbeds and they fill the garden with beautiful blooms so late in the season. The pretty flowers bob about on really stiff, strong but airy branched stems, a flower-picker's dream! I wouldn't be without them.





7 comments:

  1. I love these and had them in my old garden but can't get them to grow here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are beautiful flowers and love the sun shining through the petals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have never seen the white ones before - lovely, and invasive, but easy to control. may go look to see if i have a few.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm longing for mine to spread! I had some once that just vanished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should try them I think. So much dies here but they are pretty tough I believe, despite their delicate beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine are looking a bit tattered. We had no rain after the 4th of July and I am not a big waterer.

    So I shall enjoy yours.

    xo J

    ReplyDelete